Solo Saddlers Bridles
Solo bridles are made from the finest leather. With regular cleaning and oiling they will give years of use.
Leather is a natural product which improves and gets softer with use. It also has the advantage of being the most comfortable and will not rub or chafe.
INTERESTING FACT : Web and synthetic bridles have the advantage of easy maintenance.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING SIZES :
- Miniature – fits very small ponies. 80cm
- Shetland – fits small ponies. 100cm
- Pony – fits larger ponies. 120cm
- Cob – fits medium horses, thoroughbreds, boerperd. 155cm
- Full – fits larger horses, warmbloods. 170cm
- XL – fits warmbloods with large heads. 170cm
- Percheron- fits the larger breeds of horses.
HINT : Most South African horses use cob or full size.
The most important part of the bridle is the rein as this is the direct contact between rider and horse, and should be comfortable to suit whatever type of riding discipline.
The different styles of Solo bridles are available with your choice of rein.
FOR GENERAL RIDING
- Leather reins – become soft and pliable in the riders hands
- Web reins – are soft and manageable
- Web with cleats – give a soft rein with cleats for extra grip, and help in achieving equal rein length on each side.
- Suregrip – web with a rubber interlay, also available with cleats, give more grip. Suitable for children with smaller hands.
- Comfort rein – soft on the hands, spongy rubberized rein offering grip and comfort.
- Rubber rein – popular for jumping because of a firmer more substantial grip. Can chafe when used on long rides without gloves.
- Eventa rein – popular for jumping, has a firmer more substantial grip with the advantage of more comfort and no rubbing.
- Endurance rein – soft rubber giving good grip and comfort. Easily clip onto the bit.
Looking for some more bridle advice? Get in touch with us. We would be glad to help!